Sunday, July 17, 2011

Need Help! possbly getting charged with a felony b/c i had my husbands medications on me! PLEASE READ!?

Ill make this short and simple. My husband is totallly disabled and I am his legal caretaker. He just went for his first hip surgery, I carry all his meds even his pain meds on me b/c I have to give them to him at appropriate times! I dropped him at the house with his mother after surgery and went to pick up my dog in Bucksport maine at a motel my friend was satying at. The cab was 2 minutes away when i walked out 2 smoke a ciggarette! Next thing I know were questions-do u drink? NO do u do drugs NO/Can we search ur purse-Yes anyways they found my husbands percocet bottle on me and his xanax among other non scheduled medications on me. So they arrested me and took me to their little jail and said I could bond my own self out for $60. Or i would have 2 go to the big jail in ellsworth! So now I am facing a felony charge for this-Ive never had been in any trouble with the law reently until 3 months ago with my suv I hit a metal ball hitch on the back of a truck. It did no damage to me nor the metal ball so I went in got my prescriptions and left for home. Later a 71 year old woman saw it happen and reported a vehicle like mins-so for the first time in 25 years I got a charge leaving the scene of a accident but didnt have 2 pay any fines b/c there was no damage and i dont have income as I take care of my husband and am applying for ssi myself. So anyways I got 1 of his doctors already wrote a note saying that i am his legal caretaker and its not unusual for me to have his medicines on my person. Now shes just waiting fot me to tell het 2 send it to. They even took the meds, he just had his hip surgery and got his pain meds taken away and couldnt get more b/c it was to soon(insurance) Can this be dropped with my doctors note?-its ridiculous!! Also I have barely ny money but should i get a public defender and wait till august or get a chaeap lawyer that can handle it now? Can cases be thrown out before the first court date?

No comments:

Post a Comment