Monday, July 11, 2011

Baby Rabbits in backyard help from a Vet or anyone that knows?

I found these baby rabbits the other day when I was working on the yard. I was watering the grass and all of a sudden all these rabbit babies came from the ground. I tried to be humane and put the ones that got out back in the nest. Soon as I came in I tried to call Animal Control to see if they might know what to do, because I didn't want the babies to be out there hungary. The woman from animal control said that if you were to touch a few you should of touched them all. Which I didn't know my smell could effect how the mother comes by, I was just gettting the ones that came out. Anyway I'm also not sure why they just didnt come and see the problem all she said was just leave them there. Yet I noticed when I tried to put a stick on top of the nest just to see if the mom comes, the stick is still the same how I left it. My concern is that the babies aren't getting any food...Anything could of happened to the mother and i'm scared fot them. Animal Control wasn't much of a help swo I need help from someone else. Is there anything I could buy for them to eat? or anything I could do?

No comments:

Post a Comment